FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
July 25, 2016 (Thousand Oaks, CA) — Toker Engineering, LLC, makers of SaltStick products, is announcing a new way for consumers to enjoy SaltStick Fastchews, the only chewable tablet that is formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost in sweat: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Previously available in 10-count rolls, Fastchews can now be purchased in 60-count bottles from shopsaltstick.com and a variety of retailers in the bike, run, and outdoor spaces. Boxes of 10-count rolls will continue to be available.
The new SaltStick Fastchews bottles have an easy-to-use flip cap and provide two delicious flavors: lemon-lime and tart orange. Fastchews have been formulated to provide electrolytes to help minimize heat stress and muscle cramping due to perspiration, in a quantity and form which the body can absorb. This product is ideal for athletes, outdoor workers or for use in hot conditions. Two SaltStick Fastchews in an hour equate to 100 mg sodium, 30 mg potassium, 10 mg magnesium, and 6 mg calcium per hour, which is the ideal ratio to keep an athlete moving.
Jonathan Toker, Ph.D., CEO of Toker Engineering and creator of SaltStick products, has released the following statement, regarding the newly available bottles of SaltStick Fastchews:
“As a company which recently celebrated our 10-year anniversary, we recognize success comes from continuing to improve SaltStick products for our customers. We released SaltStick Fastchews almost one year ago, and we have received great feedback since then from both professional and amateur athletes, who successfully use Fastchews to replace electrolytes lost through activity.
“We have also heard from athletes requesting packaging similar to SaltStick Caps, which are available in 100-count and 30-count bottles. We are excited to offer this new format, and we are confident it will suit the diverse needs of our customers.”
More information about SaltStick Fastchews, about SaltStick, and the benefits derived from our products can be found on the here.
About SaltStick founder, Jonathan Toker, Ph.D.:
Jonathan Toker, Ph.D., founder of Toker Engineering LLC, developed the SaltStick products. Toker is an elite-level triathlete who hails from Canada and lives in Southern California. He received a Ph.D. in organic chemistry from The Scripps Research Institute in 2001, worked in the biotech industry for 5 years, and raced in the professional ranks as a triathlete and runner for 5 years.
About SaltStick products:
SaltStick Caps are the ONLY electrolyte capsule that was formulated to closely resemble the electrolyte profile lost during activity: sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. Other features include:
- Contains only WHAT YOU NEED: No herbal, trace, questionable components added. Gluten free. No soy or nuts. No sweeteners, and no high fructose corn syrup.
- Made in the USA — Free of banned substances and independently tested. Does not contain any banned substances. Learn more about our manufacturing and safety.
- Vegetable-based capsule composition. Bio-available active ingredients.
- Each capsule contains: 215 mg sodium, 63 mg potassium, 22 mg calcium, 11 mg magnesium. 100 IU Vitamin D to help the body absorb and utilize calcium. View the all the Caps ingredients.
- Also great for effective rehydration during international travel, hiking, and effects of alcohol and unfamiliar foods
- Also helpful for electrolyte supplementation for CF, POTS and Addison’s disease.
- Suggested use: 1 capsule per 30-60 minutes during activity. View our Caps Usage Guide.
- Available in several packaging formats.